Eclectic Mix of the Refined and Cutting Edge
Step into the Spring with sheer styles from the season’s best selection! Isn’t it refreshing to see the sexy light audacity of Spring after wearing all those heavy leathers and furs from the Fall?
True! The feel of the season has a definite structure just as the sheer blazers in the Barbara Bui’s collection. It’s delicate yet very business-like. It’s serious but really soft in sensibility!.
- Adjectives like sleek and cool aptly describe French designer Barbara Bui’s Spring 2013 collection. The collections are a bevy of cool-girl looks with lots of leather, sharp blazers, and sheers that will take care of the needs of confident ladies who are ready to splurge on sleek, sophisticated and professional pieces. In Barbara’s collection metallic fabrics like paint leather T-shirts gel with modern, working-girl silhouettes such as wool blazers and pin straight fitted pants.
- Leather dominates as a theme spanning shirts, bags and Capri pants. Eloquent minimalism and pops of color in inky blue mini dresses has flashes of yellow to give a a rock ’n’ roll vibe. No matter black and blue leather pieces dominate the collection, you still have the leather-on-leather taking the cake for most badass.
- Leather pants, maxi skirts, mini dresses, and blouses are far from tough and the sheer blouses and dresses are light as liquids. Embellishments, asymmetrical hemlines, and leather-on-chiffon and the color palette of black, white, and blue lend brilliant charm to the collection. Tribal-inspired jackets, shorts, and scarves are bold and sparkle in colors with their befitting finish.
- No wonder, the leather bottoms are flying off the runway to Fashionista closets. Leather pants flaunt a wide range –from skinny tight fit to loose fitting trousers the scope is humungous. The bottoms in dark blue are striking as the new neutral to work with and will take you to seasons of Spring and Summer and Fall seamlessly.
- In Jackets variety speaks– from the long parka style in bonded leather with a cropped one to a matching zipped bustier, the tongues cannot stop wagging. Pants in solid stretch fabrics or graphic color blocks are as imaginative as the glazed and leather-banded chunky knits and pony-skin dragon motifs on leather sweatshirts.
- Shorts paired with boxy blazers can double up as mini dresses to your advantage. By combining blazers with organza and leather harnesses Bui flashes a new style. Here the touch is more artistic than couture. To sum it up, the South American style and geometric prints mesh well with the skirts, sweaters, dresses and oversized bags.
by Rebecca Alexis